What is a Preconstruction Service Lien
The Preconstruction Service Lien is the document recorded with the county recorder to give notice to the property owner that a lien has been filed against their property. A Preconstruction Service Lien is a Lien for preconstruction services, which are actual services performed before construction begins.
The lien must be recorded within ninety (90) days after your last work.
Who may record a Preconstruction Service Lien?
Any person who furnishes Preconstruction Services. Preconstruction services means:
- To plan or design, or to assist in the planning or design of an improvement or a proposed improvement before construction of the improvement commences, and
- for compensation seperate from any compensation paid or to be paid for construction service for the improvement; and includes
- conducting a site investigation or assessment,
- preconstruction cost or quantity estimating,
- preconstruction scheduling, performing a preconstruction construction feasibility review,
- procuring construction services, and
- preparing a study, report, rendering, model, boundary or topgraphic survey, plat, map, design, plan, drawing, specification, or contract document.